a Bangladeshi National level development organization
Bangladesh is an agro based country. Agriculture was considered to be the backbone of the Bangladesh economy at the time of its independence since about half of its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) would come from this sector. About 70% people involve directly or indirectly in agriculture.
UDDIPAN has been taken initiatives in 2009 for increasing production, food security and create employment opportunities through increasing investment in agriculture sector.
Palli Karma sahayak Foundation (PKSF) and Commercial Banks.
Started in June 2009 to ongoing.
The Program at first started from Nazirpur, Jonail branch at Nator district and Homna, Madia, Baruara, Nangalkote branch at Comilla district as of June 2009. At present this program has been implemented in 23 district through 140 branches.
Small & marginal farmer who have 0.2 hectare of land.
Poverty reduction & enhance agricultural production through mobilisation & formation of village based organization.
UDDIPAN might improve Agriculture sector in Bangladesh by following approaches. A Five Stages approach for farmer groups is intended:
First stage: Transfer of selected promising agricultural technologies in UDDIPAN’s potential area for increasing agricultural productivity.
Second stage: Help experience sharing with neighbour’s farmers on the technology adoption and promoting bio-intensified agriculture practices.
Third stage: Promoting high value agricultural (HVA) commodities contract farming linking agri-business enterprises.
Fourth stage: Capacity building of stakeholders.
Fifth stage: Provide inputs and credit support.
1) Mobilize the small & marginal farmer and formation of village based organization: UDDIPAN mobilizes the small & marginal farmers at the rural level. UDDIPAN also formes village based organizations for providing technical supports.
2) Issues Based Meeting: UDDIPAN always organize issue based meeting to aware the farmers in different issues; like Modern Technology, flood & salient tolerant variety, marketing, storage etc.
3) Skill Training: UDDIPAN organizes agriculture based skill development training course for the beneficiaries.
4) Established demonstration plot/pond/farm: UDDIPAN has established some demonstration plot/pond/farm on different agriculture based IGAs named mixed culture of fish (major carps and cat fish), salient tolerant rice variety, vegetable cultivation, vermy compost preparation etc.
5) Exposures visit: UDDIPAN organized two exposure visits for fish cultivar farmers under value chain development project at the year of July’12 to June’13.
6) Day observations/Field Days: One hundred fifty UDDIPAN’s farmer were attended the three day observations which were arranged fisheries department of Natore district.
7) Input support: UDDIPAN has provided different types of input among 435 farmers. these inputs are Seed, Pheromone trap, Urea applicator machine, Purus pipe, goat, sheep, grass cutting, poultry, vermy and bashak leaf cutting..
8) Provide loan support: UDDIPAN has provided loan to the beneficiaries in different agriculture based IGAs like-Crops, livestock, Fisheries, agricultural equipment, food processing etc.
|SL. NO||Particulars||2012-2013||2011 - 2012|
|01.||Number of District||23||23|
|02.||Number of Upazila||87||87|
|03.||Number of Branches||125||114|
|04.||Number of V.O formation||2751||1965|
|05.||Number of Group Client||28067||22295|
|06.||Group Client’s Saving (Million taka)||10.37||7.06|
|07.||Loan Disbursed (Million tk.)||1,292.10||731.82|
|Type of Loan Disbursement||Amount in Tk.|
|SL. NO||Name of training||No of Batch||Total No. of Male||Total No. of female||Total No. of trainees|
|01.||Agriculture based training||83||0||2075||2075|
|02.||Training on livestock||106||0||2650||2650|
|0.3||Training on fisheries||52||1160||150||1310|